Table of Contents
Table of Contents
In the ever evolving and highly competitive world of automotive dealerships, one thing remains constant: the need for strategic lead generation.
Strategic automotive lead generation is the engine that keeps dealerships moving forward. Picture a race where each participant relentlessly vies for first position and the finish line represents coveted customers who are ready to invest in a vehicle or purchase service offerings. In this race, it’s not just enough to participate, you need to strategically outmaneuver the competition in order to be the first over the finish line to claim your victory and win the customer.
Automotive lead generation isn’t just another piece of the industry puzzle; it’s the very fuel that powers business growth for dealerships, sustains long-term relationships with customers, and keeps dealerships ahead of the curve in uncertain markets. Let’s dive into the different ways your dealership can implement an automotive lead generation strategy, and the technologies that are available to help you take your strategy to the next level.
Automotive Lead Generation Methods to Try
When it comes to automotive lead generation, using diverse tactics is key. Different marketing channels offer different opportunities to reach a variety of potential leads and customers. By casting a wide net across multiple platforms and marketing channels, you increase the possibility of capturing more business. Here are a few options your dealership can try:
Email Marketing for Automotive Lead Generation
Email marketing is an economic way for you to quickly and effectively reach a large audience and generate car dealership leads. It also presents a unique opportunity for direct contact with your customers as your email messaging will land in their individual inbox, automatically increasing the likelihood they will engage with your content. Email marketing is an easy way to maintain existing relationships and keep your dealership top of mind for the next time your customers are looking to make a purchase.
Consider creating the following campaigns in order to strategically drive leads back to your dealership:
- Lead Campaigns: Set up automated email sequences to nurture leads over time, providing them with valuable information and offers to gradually guide them towards a purchase decision. To create an effective drip campaign, we recommend creating personalized emails that relate directly to your shopper’s needs and interests.
- Create a Newsletter: Encourage website visitors to subscribe to a newsletter where you share updates on new arrivals, promotions, and industry news. This is a great way to maintain a valuable relationship with your customers and build trust over time that will bring them back to your showroom over time.
- Service Reminder Campaigns: Set up a system where customers who recently purchased a vehicle or service from your dealership receive a timely reminder to book their next service appointment. This will help you strategically bring your existing customers back to your dealership for their next purchase.
Automotive SMS Lead Generation
Smartphones and other mobile communication devices have long become a natural extension of the self, making SMS campaigns another dynamic, easy, and effective way to directly contact leads and prospective customers in a non-invasive, yet compelling manner.
Here are several SMS campaigns to consider implementing to strategically generate car dealership leads:
- Exclusive Offers: Send SMS-only promotions and discounts to your prospects, making them feel like VIPs and driving them to your showroom.
- Price Drop Updates: Inform your customers directly when a vehicle they have previously shown interest in drops in price to encourage them to come into the dealership and make a purchase.
- Service Scheduling Reminders: Send SMS reminders to customers who have previously visited your dealership or service center, encouraging them to schedule their next appointment.
- Appointment Reminders: Remind customers of their upcoming service appointment to reduce missed appointments and encourage follow through on the part of your customers.
Automotive Facebook Lead Generation
The social media giant that is Facebook (or Meta) offers you unparalleled reach and precision when it comes to lead generation for car dealerships. By leveraging the platform tools, you can generate high-quality leads, build brand loyalty, and accelerate sales, all while establishing a prominent online presence in a highly competitive social media marketplace.
Consider utilizing these Facebook features to generate leads:
- Lead Ads: Utilize Facebook’s lead ad format to capture user information directly from the platform, making it easy for users to express interest in your products or services. These leads will require follow up so be sure to have a follow-up process in place at your dealership before getting started. Learn more here.
- Dynamic Ads for Automotive: Showcase your vehicle inventory to users who have expressed interest in specific models or types of cars through the Facebook advertising platform.
- Messenger Chatbots: Implement in-app chatbots on your Facebook page to engage with potential customers in real-time, answering their queries and capturing lead information.
Content Marketing for Automotive Lead Generation:
Content marketing for lead generation is a dynamic strategy that revolves around creating valuable, informative, and engaging content tailored to the needs and interests of potential dealership customers. By creating and sharing content such as blog posts, videos, social media content, you can build a brand for your dealership that sets you up as a trusted knowledge source to capture more. You can opt to gate your content with a lead form or leave it open for public consumption to build trust over time.
Consider utilizing these content types:
- Blog Posts: Create informative and engaging blog content that addresses common questions and concerns of potential car buyers. Include clear calls-to-action to capture leads.
- Video Walkthroughs: Produce video content showcasing vehicle features, test drives, and maintenance tips. These videos provide deep value for potential customers.
- Social Media Content: Create friendly and relatable content on a variety of social media platforms. Consider using trending videos, audios, or content styles to get more eyes on your content. Be sure to include a CTA that will encourage your audience to message your account or visit your dealership website.
- Reports and Guides: Offer downloadable guides on topics like “How to Choose the Right Vehicle” or “Maintenance Tips for Your Car” to build trust with your prospects and convert more leads over time.
Automotive Lead Generation Companies
There are several reputable automotive lead generation companies that provide dealers with technologies that employ various strategies, including digital marketing, data-driven approaches, and customer engagement techniques, to generate high-quality leads for dealerships.
Customer Data Platforms are one such technology. Automotive-centric CDPs, which came to market just a few years ago, play an essential role in successful car dealership lead generation strategies. CDP technology ensures that your customer information is 100% accurate and consolidated. CDPs leverage first and third party data to create 360 degree profiles of every dealership shopper so you can create hyper-targeted digital marketing campaigns that directly speak to the needs of your customers which is a critical component for lead generation. For example, once you have a CDP in place, you can create precise audiences pulled from your dealership CRM based on specific needs, behaviors or demographic information and use that data to create really strong look-alike audiences for your ad campaigns to generate more leads.
Fullpath, automotive’s leading Customer Data Platform, takes this process one step further by activating your dealership’s data to optimize your lead generation strategy with AI-powered smart digital advertising and email marketing campaigns. Fullpath offers a CDXP – a Customer Data and Experience Platform, which creates a holistic customer experience from their first engagement with your dealership, through their first purchase and beyond by creating hyper-relevant, personalized content that engages shoppers and customers at every touch point on their shopper journey so they keep coming back to you for their next purchase. To learn more about the Fullpath CDXP, click here or email us at email@example.com to schedule a time to chat with our team.
7 Video Ideas That Will Boost your Digital Marketing Strategy
With 5 billion people watching Youtube videos every day, it’s no surprise that video has become the key to a great digital marketing strategy. Videos engage your customers,…
5 Steps to Prevent your Leads from Choosing your Competitors
Understand your site traffic, engage them personally, and convert them into qualified leads. You’ll outshine your competitors.
Fill out this form to schedule a personalized demo today!
We just need a few more details so we can personalize your demo.
Sign up for our newsletter!
We value privacy and would never spam you. We will only send you important updates about Fullpath.